AAhh… the Never-ending to-do list.
Let’s take a look at what got checked off the list this month:
- Organize kids toys – The toys are in much better shape, we picked up a small bookcase for the living room and that helped with our toy clutter a lot. I’m also really working on teaching the kids where the toys should go. I just need to make up some photo labels for the bins so both kids can clean up without wondering where to put things.
Move more toys upstairs– This isn’t necessary since we got the extra bookcase.
- Create a play area in Claire’s room - this is on-hold until my mom moves out and we move Caleb back into his own room
- Finish the final curtain for the sunroom (we’re slowly making progress on this never-ending item) – yah.. about that…
- Hunt down and buy curtains for window in the living-room – it was blocked for the last 3 years so I never bought a curtain for it. We re-arranged our living room and now the curtains have been discontinued! *sigh* - I found one that I need to order but it still might not be the right color, we’ll see.
- Continue to de-clutter the house (office supplies, books, craft supplies, clothing, toys, etc) I filled an entire bin with extra office supplies that I really don’t need… I still have a long way to go to get things as simplified as I’d like.
Organize our wardrobe
- Get back to meal planning – Success I planned 2 weeks of meals now I just have to go to the store and buy all those groceries!
- Get back in to the Friday laundry-day routine – Success!! I did 90% of the laundry today!! It feels great going into the weekend with all the laundry done.
- Start using the cleaning schedule again – I just fixed up the schedule last week and I hope to start following it again this coming week, I’m also planning on sharing the schedule with all of you!!
- Plan a freezer-cooking day (hopefully convince Rebekah to join the fun) – we talked about it… that.is.all
- Take more photos – I took a bunch of photos this week and I’m actually getting very intrigued with Project Life so I may just try to do a simplified version for our family.
- Spend Sundays doing family things (park, movies etc.) we’ve spent Sundays either sick or lazy… but as a family so I guess we’ve been successful!
- Go on a great summer vacation – No progress on planning this
- Entertain more – we miss our friends and hope to start having a social life again
- Have Claire start doing daily chores and help more around the house - I’m creating something that will help her to do chores, I’ll be sharing about this sometimes soon.
- Limit TV time! - I’m currently sitting infront of the TV and not even watching it… but it’s on… I’m the only one in the room… looks like we still have a TV issue
- Play music in the house during the day – We’ve been doing this much more. I’ve been enjoying Grooveshark while I work and playing Seeds of Praise Cd’s at night for the kids.
- Plan our spring garden - not even on my radar yet!
For the Kids:
- Start having “mommy time” each day with the kids – put it on the schedule! – the kids have been having daily Ipad time with mommy for about 2 weeks now. It’s not quite what I was hoping for but it’s a step in the right direction
- Pick out a book with Claire to read together – not done this yet
- Take kids to local children’s museum 2 times a month – we have been too sick to do this yet
- Start going to story time at Barnes and Noble again – Nope
- Start family bed time routine – quick devotions and story time – Nope :(
- Move Caleb back into his bedroom – Not yet
- Move Caleb into a toddler bed – Not yet
- Transition Caleb out of Pull-ups for good - Very close only using Pullups for nap and bedtime
- Take the kids outside to play/explore more. Who wants to buy me THIS book that I’ve heard great things about? - Snow and rain, we’ve been inside
- Start by walking 30 minutes a day - I’m really dissapointed that these health/fitness goals have not happened yet
- Try the Couch to 5K running plan
- Continue to track food on My Fitness Pal
- Lose 70 lbs. Yes, 70. I’ll be tracking my weight loss in 10lb increments monthly.
- Go to bed earlier! Before 11pm!
For the Mommy (that’s me!)
- Read more – I have more e-books on my Kindle to read than you could imagine. – I’ve started reading again! yay!
- Have ‘mommy retreats’ 2-3 times a year – Planning to have one in February!
- Read 3 parenting books this year
- Read 3 marriage books this year
- Start taking classes at the Philadelphia School of Art and Design! - this may or may not happen until the Spring session when they have the Illustrator class that I really want to take.
- Maybe blog sometime! Yes, life gets busy but I honestly miss blogging and hope to bring some new exciting content to the site, so hang on to your seats, people! – It’s been happening – have you noticed? Did you see my Nutella recipe or my exciting find at Staples this week!
- Re-Launch “Geeks Only” – Slowly I’m posting more Geeky posts!
- Have weekly “geekery” posts – I would LOVE to hear from you what geeky, techy, organizing, or otherwise nerdy things you’d love to learn more about.
- Start my “For the Love of I” IPad Apps reviews, roundups, etc.
- Create an editorial calendar - I have a yearly blogging outline done that I’d like to extend into a more detailed calendar.
- Go to 1 – 2 blogging conferences (cause I love ‘em so much!!)
For February I’m adding a few special To-Do’s
- Plan a night away with Kevin. Our in-laws have already offered to keep the kids overnight now we just need to decide what to do and where to go!
- Transition to eating dairy-free and gluten-free
- Take a few Zumba classes – we had a woman’s night at church and did zumba and I have to admit that I really loved it.
- Do the taxes… **dread, dread, dread this one!
How are your to-do lists going. Have you set goals? Head over to Simply Rebekah or Money Saving Mom and link up your goals!